Friday, May 15, 2015

Meals From the Last Couple of Weeks.

We have had a lot of our go to staples the past week and a half. Sometimes these just happen because I do not have to think hard about them and I generally have all the stuff at the house to make them.

May 7th: dinner was what my leftover group call Crack Pork Chops. I think all of us were traumatized by over cooked dry pork chops growing up. This recipe was a wind fall for all of us as it comes out good every time! So Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops and rice were dinner.

May 8th: I used the leftover rice, the rest of the leftover smoked roast, a couple of ears of corn taken off the cob, some carrots, mushrooms, some snow peas out of the freezer, 2 eggs and a few mushrooms to make a fried rice. Of course my veggies are not the same as those in the recipe and I used Teriyaki sauce but this is the template I followed for this fried rice dinner. It was especially good and yielded no leftovers to put up.

May 9th:
I used these clearance ingredients to make pizza. It was some of the best homemade pizza I have made. Phillip liked the whole wheat crust and said the sauce tasted really good. I only used half the jar of sauce and will freeze the rest if I do not use it over the next couple of days.


May 10th: This was Mother's Day and we had lunch/dinner at Grandma's house with Phillip's family.

May 11th: For the life of me I can not recall what we had,.....it will come to me at an odd moment.

May 12th: Tuesday, Phillip was taking a final and was not home. I picked up the kids from the sitter and bought some beans and flour tortillas from Logan's favorite place, Rosa's .

May 13th: Dinner took a little bit but was worth it. I had some spinach I wanted to use (bought on clearance) so I made stuffed shells. I used some ricotta cheese, 1 egg, the rest of the large shells, some shredded mozarella, spinach and the rest of the ground turkey. Served with some homemade garlic bread using some sliced bread that was getting a bit stale. I wanted to get a picture but just did not before we ate it.

May 14th: Last night I used some "fajita" marinated chicken I bought on clearance to make fajitas. This used up all of a head of lettuce I had on hand, some cheese I shredded from a block, sour cream I also had purchased on clearance and the rest of the refried beans from Tuesday night.
Not sure if you can tell from the picture but it was 4 large chicken breasts so I have a ton left over. I am going to freeze some of it now that it is cooked and use the rest in different dishes this week. I am not sure if I have any tortilla chips but if I do nachos is an option. My mind is not totally made up yet on what dishes I am going to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment