Thursday, May 7, 2015

Wednesday Night and Yet Another Trip to the Store

On the way home from work last night I had to stop to get some meds for Logan. His allergies are really bothering him right now and the night before was a cough fest through the night. A trip through Target got me the meds I needed and the quickest trip I think I have ever made to their store. I used the gift card so there was nothing out of pocket.  Once home and a few snuggles from the kids I started into the fridge, freezer and cabinet until it hit me that we still had some leftover smoked roast Phillip had made for the church's potluck on Sunday. I used the leftovers and some fresh mushrooms that I had on hand to make this Beef Stroganoff recipe. This is the easiest recipe and tastes wonderful.

This is the beginning of the process, the rest went very quickly. I used penne noodles since I also had those on hand. The smoked roast gives it such good flavor.

It was a completely rare night in that both kids slept through the night but I still did not. I find myself waking up at the times they normally get up listening for them. I know this will wear off as Clark starts sleeping all night on a regular basis. Forever more I think I will  have to listen for Logan when he does get up to go to the bathroom. He actually sleep walks and has been known to go the bathroom in random spots.

Before bedtime I started a cake to bring into work for my coworker/boss/work mom's birthday today.  I waited to let it cool for 30 minutes and it did not stick to the pan but totally fell apart. I could not have saved it even with tons of frosting so this morning I just went by Target and purchased a cake.
I actually took a picture of the cake this morning but my phone card is still deleting stuff randomly.

No comments:

Post a Comment