Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tuesday in My World

My boss/coworker/work mom and I went to lunch yesterday to celebrate our mutual birthdays this month. We had a couple of coupons for free specialty rolls at our favorite sushi restaurant so we called on our way and they started on our order. It was a nice lunch and I was happy to spend the day in the sun having some sushi. After work I dropped by the library quickly to turn in the 2 books I finished and check out another that was on hold for me. After this I rushed to pick up the kids from the sitter and get home so they could play some while I got dinner ready.

Phillip did not have any school work yesterday and since the kids were not home he started on a ton of projects that needed to be done. It has been really crappy that a ton of our stuff has suddenly started malfunctioning at the same time but helpful that he can fix most of it so we at least save on the labor.

Dinner was a casserole with the leftover bacon because Phillip did not want chicken, leftover macaroni and cheese with a little additional pasta I cooked quickly and steamed broccoli. I made a quick cheese sauce and tossed it all together, topped with some shredded cheese and popped it in the oven for a bit. It was tasty and there were almost no leftovers. The broccoli I steamed was from the last basket I picked up. I had put a lot of the veggies up in the freezer for just such a time as this.

I tried to watch the end of the Voice but it just kept going and going so I had to give up. I got the kids baths and to bed. I was able to read a little bit before I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment